Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday! Gossip!

Bollywood gossip!! Calling all Bollywood gossip!

There is so much to discuss today, folks, but lets start with the most entertaining of the rumors making the rounds - the Deepika and Ranbir face-off over Katrina.

* Mid-day.com has Deepika complaining that Katrina is spreading rumors about both Deepika's alleged affair with Farhan AND about the tiffs between Deepika and Ranbir. The article then goes on to say, and I quote, "To be fair to Katrina, she is known not to meddle in any other actress' affairs. If she doesn't get along with an actress, she simply keeps her distance. Which is what happened during Race with Bipasha."

Hmm... something doesn't smell right about that one. Is somebody trying to blacken Katrina's name by associating her the rumors already spreading about Deepika?!

* This is pretty hilarious - rather than bitch about Sonam's delays on the sets of Aisha, Abhay Deol is learning martial arts! (To use on Sonam?)

* Yay!! Rohit Shetty is working on Golmaal 3! I can't wait - I need an Arshad + Ajay fix like whoa! *double checks when Ishqiya is coming out - Dec. 11th*

* K.Jo. prefers working with first time filmmakers for their "hunger". Also, this is illustrated with a hilarious picture of Mr. Johar in that stiff unnatural "natural" pose so beloved of photographers - "Yes, I often sit like this, it says."

* Sophie Chaudhary is in a good mood and mentions that she was in an item song in Chintu-ji.

Question: Why didn't I know this?


Question 2: Are people as offended by "faux-tribal" get-ups as they are by Bollywood blackface?

* Blue 2 will have Akshay romancing KATRINA!!!! EEEEE!!!!! This should be a vast improvement on Blue, which left me, like the Arab Times underwhelmed on story, even if the visuals were gorgeous.

* Let's take a wee detour down south to read about how Brinda Parkeh had to lose weight to be in London Dreams. That sound is my head exploding from the stupidity of the "thin is in" mentality in Mumbai.

* Neha Dhupia will star in a special Bollywood episode of Jessica Simpson's new beauty-themed reality show.

Coming tomorrow - fingers crossed - will be my list of ideal Bollywood BFFs - put your thinking caps to think of your choices!!

3 comments:

moviemeh said...

You kind of snuck Ishqiya in there! I'm looking forward to that one as well, I watched a lot of Naseeruddin Shah movies without even realizing it, and now that I realize how he always gets interesting roles, I have become a fan. I like Vidya Balan, too, and their interaction looks like it will be a lot of fun.

shell said...

this is illustrated with a hilarious picture of Mr. Johar in that stiff unnatural "natural" pose
lol. I think that is Karan's natural self coming through.

I'd not heard of that Jessica Simpson show, and normally I wouldn't have even thought of watching it, but the thought of visiting different parts of the world to discover beauty within cultures is very intriguing to me. Do you know who's carrying the show and when it will be on?

Looking forward to the BFF post.

Anarchivist said...

I think my first faux-tribals were in "Purana Mandir," and I still remember my jaw dropping to the floor with a clunk. I've gotten used to it, though. Does that make me a bad person? (Hmmm. Maybe).

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl