Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday Gossip!

What's happening in B-town today?!

* Somebody convinced Sharmila Tagore to let Julia Roberts shoot the awful looking Eat Pray Love at Pataudi.

Since I have a difficult time believing that Sharmila knows or cares about Julia Roberts, I prefer to imagine Saifu calling home and being all, "Mommmm! You have to!! All the kids will think I'm soooooooo coooooool if Julia Roberts comes to our house." And then Sharmila just kind of rolls her eyes and agrees if it means that her baby boy is going to come home and spend time with mummy.

* Scumbag Shiney Ahuja has been granted bail but he is also banned from Mumbai until the trial.

* In Films I'm Guaranteed Not To Like news, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Deepika Padukone have signed on to a Yash Raj Film in which they play "challenging" and "gritty" roles. If there is ONE THING that I do not want to see - ever - it is Deepika Padukone attempting to "act" in a challenging and gritty manner. I have a feeling it will mostly be conveyed by crinkling her brow and looking constipated.

5 comments:

Anita said...

Oh, c'mon, if Katrina can do "gritty" in New York, then Deepika should get a chance too! I honestly don't know why YRF picks these actresses for such roles, but Dee is still better than Kat at acting.

Filmi Girl said...

We're going to have to agree to disagree because I think Katrina is at least 10 times better at acting than Deepika. ;D

And Kat's role in "New York" wasn't all that gritty - she was mostly playing a middle class mom.

Sujal said...

Deepika being gritty...
Yeah, sure...

Anita said...

I'm not saying that I can imagine Deepika doing a gritty role either, because I really can't, but I could see her doing a better job of it than Katrina.

Yeah, we're going to have to agree to disagree, because I just CAN NOT see that. XD

simran said...

I can't picture Deepika doing anything that involves "acting". Someone honestly tell her to go back home and try Badminton instead... -_-"

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl