Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday Goss!

Hi-ho! Good morning! Somebody - aka ME - was sick yesterday! Boo!

But, I was a good girl and sat on the couch and drank lots of fluids and got lots of rest. I couldn't even concentrate on anything remotely serious, so I watched lots of MST3K and a really funny French film called OSS 117: Le Caire nid d'espion. I loved the style of OSS 117 so much and could totally see a Bollywood film with the same sensibility - kind of a take off on Jewel Thief!

Anyways, let's see what's happening in Tinsel Town!

* Producers are getting bigger budgets to market their films but K.Jo. thinks most of the spending is "vulgar."

* Shruti Hasaan might be starring opposite Siddharth in a Telugu film!

* South Korea is going to honor Shah Rukh Khan!! He will also be given an honorary belt in Tae Kwan Do - which should make Akki very jealous!

* Salman Khan talks about his career!

You do not seem to be too keen on doing any art film!

I am sure about one thing. That is I do not want to preach as an actor. I am here to entertain. I do not want to do art films which bore the audiences to death. I want to give back to my fans, who have made me a big star by doing meaningful films which entertain them.

* Anurag Kashyap does not care about the Bombay/Mumbai debate and will keep the title Bombay Velvet for his film.

* And finally, a cranky Varun Bahl, who probably couldn't get any stars, claims that the stars detract from the clothes during Couture Week.

7 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Get well soon!

S.Koreans like SRK! Yay for them - I actually love S.Korea (first film, then drama addict).

rhilex said...

Yo, Salman: Art films do not bore me to death! There must be a reason they have audiences. :p

I also think spending so much on publicity is ridiculous. It's how you strategize and how good your trailers make your film look that makes a difference. And besides, couldn't these producers do something much more worthwhile with this money? I mean, come on.

But YAY Shah Rukh! =) And seriously; Kazakhstan one day, South Korea the next? See, America-- Everyone loves Bollywood! Keep up with the rest of the world! :p

Filmi Girl said...

@Eliza Thanks! I already feel a lot better. :)

@Rhilex Art films bore me about 75% of the time, so I sympathize with Sallu on that one.

I agree on the other two points, though! :)

ajnabi said...

I hope you feel all better soon! And, KJo thinks all that spending's vulgar? Huh. That's pretty rich, man.

I think Bollywood should take a page from Paranormal Activity's marketing strategy. Maybe then the studios can afford to actually pay their actors.

claire said...

oh i'm glad you liked OSS 117.
they have made a sequel that is also really fun, with even more outrageous humour. i recommend it but don't think it's available in the states so far (it just got a dvd release today in france).

Kiran said...

That makes two of us! Even i'm feeling pretty under the weather for the past two days.
But here's a cheery thought: Sid and Shruti together in a telugu film. Yaay!!

simran said...

GET WELL SOON FILMI GIRL!! :D

Yayyyy! I love Shahrukh Khan .. He deserves everything .. Especially if it means taking it away from Akki lol...But don't worry, I still love you Akki! Just not as much as SRK :P

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl