Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Update!

So, I hoped everyone enjoyed my reviews of Blue and All the Best! I have less candid reviews up at BollySpice.com (All the Best and Blue) if you are curious about my objective opinion.

I do not plan on going to Main aurr Mrs. Khanna because, frankly, it looks boring and I don't like stories about adultery and I've had my fill of wooden acting after seeing not one but TWO films with Sanjay Dutt in them this weekend. Instead, I think I'll take my inspiration from Ajay Devgan and work on that list of "Bollywood Stars I would like to... $#%!" that needs to be written. (I need a less-racy name for this list, though - "BW Stars on my one night stand list"?)

Anyways, let's see what the tabloids are yapping about today!

* Three of Bebo's house staff were arrested for stealing from her.

* Poor Asin is having trouble adjusting to the tabloid interest in her personal life.

* Mugdha Godse "wouldn't mind" doing regional cinema. Really? Oh, how generous of you, Mugdha... deeming to bestow your vapid onscreen presence to the lesser cinemas of the south. *insert massive eye roll*

Look, sweetie, you may have had a charmed entry into the film business with Fashion that doesn't mean anything - you are not a Kapoor who can "not mind" doing regional cinema. You are a no-name, no-filmi family actress and you had better take and be grateful for any chances you get. Look at how my girl Kangana - about 100 times the actress you are - handles things. She is doing a Telugu film and is proud of it - none of this "not minding" nonsense. That is how you win fan support. Personally, I "wouldn't mind" if I never saw you in anything again.

* The Times of India has an interesting article up on filmi tourism! It looks like South Korea wants in on the action - which is why they are interested in SRK. I guess the Shiney Ahuja-Gangster connection isn't looking too appealing these days.

* The Times of London is amused at Kylie's Bollywood debut and, more interestingly, mentions that Steven Spielberg has been in talks with Anil Ambani - you know Tina Munim's husband... almost assassinated back in April - for a Bollywood remake of some Hollywood film. *le sigh* Why does Hollywood think Bollywood wants all of these straight remakes? Believe you me, I did NOT write a 17 page paper on the art of Bollywood borrowing because Bollywood loves remakes. Bollywood is like a magpie, grabbing shiny plot points and scenes where it finds them and mixing them all together into something new. This has disaster written all over it...

13 comments:

simran said...

Jeez. Mughda thinks she's a big star already? Boy, someone needs to tell her that she should appreciate everything she has. In about a few months, there are going to be a bunch of new girls and if she can't prove herself, then all we're gonna end up saying is "Bye!"

And by the way, I've started to like Kangana a lot these days. I guess it was my dislike for Raaz 2 that I was kind of picking on her but I watched Gangster on Friday and I thought she was superrrrrrb! Gotta love her :D

rhilex said...

...you are not a Kapoor who can "not mind" doing regional cinema. -- Even if she was a Kapoor, it still wouldn't be right to say that, if taken the way you took her words. I don't know if she meant anything of what you said... she might just not know how to say 'I don't know' or something. And don't think I'm a Mughda fangirl, or anything-- I've never even seen her act before.

Poor Asin. But I think she just needs to ignore all these rumours. If her interviews get wasted clearing them, just tell the interviewer from the start that she won't be focusing on rumours. She's calling the shots, after all. I luff her, but I think she should take it a little less personally. It happens to everyone.

Filmi Girl said...

@simran Yay! I'm glad you've started to like Kangana! She's one of my favorites... XD

@rhilex I was exaggerating (a bit) but I do think she was speaking as if BW was the big time and regional cinemas are not as important. I have no tolerance for that kind of attitude - especially not from somebody like Mughda Godse.

Kiran said...

Poor Asin, she is not at all exposed to this hyper gossipy media down south. She must be finding all this very tough to deal with. I agree, the best approach is to stop reacting/clarifying at all - hard as it may seem.

Anglotastic said...

"Personally, I 'wouldn't mind' if I never saw you in anything again."

Oh, s-NAP! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Nice movie reviews.

The assessment of Mughda Godse's comment surprised me. I think you're reading way too much into it.

Filmi Girl said...

@Anglotastic LOL! I had no patience for her this morning.

@Anon - Thanks and as I said before - I was clearly exaggerating in my response but that dismissive attitude towards regional cinema annoys me. If Mughda is going to be in the public eye, she needs to be more careful about what she says.

eliza bennet said...

Now how about that list?

Anonymous said...

Mugdha is saying
a) she is a Marathi girl
b) who speaks fluent Marathi
c) would love to work in Marathi films and
d) has not been approached by any Marathi film-maker.

Now where above is she dismissive about regional cinema?

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add - Marathi cinema unlike cinema in the South does NOT pay well. So it is all the more to her credit that she wants to do Marathi cinema unlike other heroines who go down south solely for the sake of money and gainful employment.

Filmi Girl said...

@Anon Jeez, chill! First of all, if you signed your name I might take your argument more seriously and secondly, the "wouldn't mind" is the bit I didn't like because it sounded to my ears like she would be doing a favor to the people who hired her.

Like I said, I obviously exaggerated in my response for comedic effect but I still think she needs to learn to communicate better with the press.

Anonymous said...

I AM chilled out - i just thought YOU werer becoming a tad judgemental about someone you had decided not to like. Besides I like arguing. :p

Filmi Girl said...

@anon Well, I don't like arguing and I dislike it even more when you are anonymous.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl