Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Monday!

Just a quick couple of points of business -

1. Anonymous commenting is fine but I take you about 100,000 times more seriously if you identify yourself.
2. @Eliza The list is coming soon - never fear! I just need a catchy name...

So, moving on to Tinsel Town!

* See, Akshay Kumar isn't just a hot hunk, he's also a good guy and has taken Dara Singh's unattractive son on as a charity case to help him get film roles.

* Poor Kangana was harrassed by eve-teasing thugs in Lucknow. She's shooting there with Filmi Girl fave Jimmy Shergill (I never said I had "sophisticated" tastes!!) She needs to work with (*swoon*) Ajay Devgan because he would NEVER stand for that nonsense with his heroines. I bet Once Upon a Time In Mumbai is going to be amazing.

* And here's another lady to feel bad for - Amrita Rao. Says an unnamed source:

"To lose weight and don the sexy look [for Maxim], Amu had to go through rigourous workout. She also went on a complete health diet comprising of fruits and boiled vegetables. And, she stayed miles away from junk food."

Because there is nothing sexier than a woman who only eats boiled vegetables? The malnutrition must have gone to her brain and ego bloat has set in to replace the precious calories that she lost.

"Gracing the cover of India's largest selling men's magazine, Maxim, was a fantastic opportunity and it just goes to show that I am one of the most desirable actors on tinsel town."

Really? Because from where I'm standing, the only requirement to be in Maxim is the ability to wear a bikini while being airbrushed.

* For real beauty, you might want to check out this blog post from Talha Zaheer at Dawn who talks about the obsession with gori gori skin.

* Ajay Devgan is now Ajay Devgn but he's still busy as ever! (I saw like 6 trailers for London Dreams over the weekend and I cannot wait!!!!)


And forget the Bikini Girlfriend - here is Dimple on the cover of Hello! Looking fly as always, Ms. Kapadia!

6 comments:

shell said...

I fear your head might explode from all this skinny-centric "news" of late! Bollywood needs a new obsession.
Has Ajay really changed the spelling of his name or is it just a case of a consistent spelling error? Maybe dropping vowels a numerology thing I don't know about. If that's the case he should have respelled his name Ajay Devgannn.
Also, Dimple does look FANTASTIC!

Michael Barnum said...

Filmi Girl, Vindu Singh is really a super sweet guy, so I am thrilled that Akki is helping him out. Vindu could do well in negative roles, I think. He recently did a children's movie where he played the monkey god Hanuman, just as his father had done some 40 years back.

The snaps of Akki and Katrina with those kids just melted my heart this morning. Thanks for putting those up!

Filmi Girl said...

@shell I know!! It's so hard to ignore, though, because it makes me so mad. And it has to be numerology for the Devgan/Devgn thing. He should pull a Sonu Niigaam and spell it Deevgaaaaaaan! LOL!

@Michael You're welcome for those! I was just going to post one but I couldn't resist the smiling faces on those kids. I love watching Akki interact with kids. Did you see Heyy Babyy? He does a fab job with that adorable little girl.

Anita said...

Oh Amri. Why did you have to go and say something stupid like that? *sigh*

Emily said...

Ugh, ugh, ugh, UGH! I'm so tired of actresses thinking and being told that the skinnier they are, the better they look. In what universe was Amrita Rao too fat or out of shape to pose for the cover of a magazine?

It's not even about thinking curvier is better; I'm all for saying that real women come in all shapes and sizes. It's just that the actresses who either boast themselves or are praised by reporters for losing weight never needed to lose any in the first place!

martoufmarty said...

WTH? Devgn? How am I supposed to pronounce that?

@shell - it's not a spelling error. Even his official website has it as 'Devgn'.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl