Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Manasaare - First Look!

Manasaare is a new Sandalwood film from the mastermind behind that super-duper hit Mungaru Male - Yogaraj Bhat. While at least one review claims that it’s based on a Gabriel Garcia Marquez story, I don’t know if it’s true. If anything, the plot reminds me a bit of the Korean film I’m a Cyborg But That’s Okay in that it’s about a young couple who fall in love inside a mental institution.

Here’s one of the songs, “Yello Male,” sung by Sonu Nigam! You know the soundtrack is good if Sonu agreed to be a part of it and “Yello Male” is a sweet, wistful song.

Sadly, I couldn’t find any really good publicity stills to share… There doesn’t seem to be an official site.

But the film stars the hottest man in Karnataka: Diganth.

Here he is with lead actress Aindrita Ray! Look at that dimple! The man radiates charm!

And speaking of Aindrita Ray – what a cutie! According to the Google search I did on her, she’s Bengali.

I love her round face and almond-shaped eyes. She has almost east Asian features…

We’re also treated to a curvaceous Neetu in an item song!!

So, judging from Mungaru Male, the cinematography is going to be lush and fantastic and from the song picturizations I’ve seen the set design looks really good, too. One of the articles I read said that Manasaare was partially shot in a prison done up to look like a mental hospital…

The plot – sane guy must convince the mental hospital that he is sane – sounds really, really delicious and right up my alley.

In short, I cannot wait to see this one!! I’ll just have to keep haunting kannadastore.com until it comes out on DVD!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am ashamed to say that I still haven't seen AmruthDhare despite being a kannadiga. Ramya is internationally famous to kannadigas and filmigirl only. :p

Bhattre movies work on the strength of his dialogues, so please dont buy unless subtitled.

Anonymous said...

also even though I am probably as big a fan of masala as you are, I was disappointed on checking out Prabhas that he was just the normal, standard southern masala hero. He have plenty where he comes from. :)

Filmi Girl said...

@anon 1 Ramya will always be famous with me! She's such a good actress. :)

Don't worry - I will only buy a subtitled version of this one.

@anon 2 I think the appeal of Prabhas depends on which film you watch of his - Bujjigadu was very straight-ahead but his appeal in films like Pournami and Chattrapathi show that he really has range... (I also think another difference with Prabhas are his amazing good looks.)

Anonymous said...

Fair enough. The Hindi channels have discovered what you have known all along - the people miss their masala movies!

Therefore, they have taken to dubbing Southern Masala and broadcasting. It's quite popular too. :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Official site
http://www.aol.in/promos/manasaare

Filmi Girl said...

@anon If I was a southern film producer, I would definitely think about marketing dubbed Hindi versions of masala films! Wake Up Sid is all well and good but Wanted and Ghajini show that there is a HUGE demand for masala. I don't see why we can't have both but Bollywood only wants to do those middle-class films these days... :(

I tried that site but it wouldn't work with my browser - maybe I'll try with Firefox.

Anonymous said...

When I opened this post and saw the promo poster, I immediately thought that actress was Raima Sen - she's Bengali too.

indiagoogler said...

Manasare is a good movie

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl