Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jagan Mohini - First Look

Namitha’s Jagan Mohini was supposed to come out at the end of September but has been pushed back until the beginning of November.

Why should we care, you ask me?! Check out this trailer!

Okay, this looks like the classic 1974 The Golden Voyage of Sinbad - on crack – with excellent ladies.

The plot, as far as I can tell, is part Hans Christian Andersen’s Little Mermaid and part Madhumati.

Namitha plays a young woman who gathers pearls by the sea shore for a living. She meets and falls in love with a handsome prince…

…who is clearly getting the better bargain because Namitha is looking smoking hot in all the stills I’ve seen…

… but then she dies – somehow – and comes back as a ghost to prevent his marriage to another girl.

Oh… that green outfit is her “pearl diving” costume! Although, it’s more like a “Whoa! Namitha has amazing bosoms” costume when wet.

Sure, she looks sweet now but wait until you try to marry some other girl. Just because she’s DEAD doesn’t mean you can cheat!

3 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Thanks for informing me of this film. It looks like it has everything! I loved the bad CGI and the bad acting. Especially the from the scared guy.

I think this film is going to be an entertaining ride.

ajnabi said...

Yesssss! Is that Raja I spy? Am. SO. THERE.

My WV: coush, which I think is a bad transliteration of "khush," which is how I feel when I see these pix. :-D

Filmi Girl said...

@Eliza The bad CGI look hilarious! I cannot wait for this one to come to DVD. :)

@ajnabi That is Raja! Woot! Can you wait?!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl