Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's Sunday!!!!!

I'm am posting from my parents' house today!! Not that it matters too much - the Internet remains the same no matter where you go!

First order of business is scumbag Shiney Ahuja with a side order of Roman Polanski. As I mentioned before, Shiney has been granted bail and is now in Delhi - according to this article he was given a fancy CK shirt and jeans by his parents and will be staying with them for the time being. I don't know why that made me so mad. No matter what he did, the guy needs clothes to wear but there is something inside that feels like until he apologizes, he shouldn't have anything nice.

It's irrational, yes, and no matter how I feel, he hasn't been convicted of anything yet... but still. Is it too much to expect a public figure to apologize to the public for his bad behavior? At the very least - in Shiney's case - even if he didn't "rape-rape" his maid (to use Whoppi Goldberg's term), he still abused his position of power AND cheated on his wife and has been exposed as a selfish SOB. Yet - have we heard a peep from him?

Which brings me to that other unrepentant d-bag in the news recently - Roman Polanski. The support he is getting contrasted with the abandonment of Shiney Ahuja is interesting. It all depends on who you know and I wonder if it had somebody like Salman Khan accused of raping the household help if we would see the same treatment...

Anyways, onto lighter topics...

* The TOI gives me a great present by celebrating the full figure!!

* Aws!! Rajneish Duggall (from 1920) has a superhero fetish! Cute!

* Priyadarshan's next is going to be a serious look at AIDS starring Aamir Khan.


All The Best just seems like my kind of film - Bips is looking good!


Beautiful Vidya Balan promoting Maire Claire! I can't wait to see those scans!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get a feeling that had Shiney Ahuja been in bollywood for 10 more years, he would have seen a lot more support from his "fraternity". Am surprised that he hasn't said anything publicly. Coward.
The TOI article was wonderful. Real women do have curves. Hope Kareena realizes this & gets back to her previous self.
I'm so excited Priyadarshan - Aamir movie. It will be very to watch. Hope he doesn't abandon the South for bollywood though.
Kiran.

simran said...

Bipasha looks amazing :D I'm excited for All The Best :D It's about time we get to see more of Ajay Devgan!

Filmi Girl said...

@simran I'm actually pretty psyched for All the Best!! The soundtrack is rocking!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl