Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday!!

Good morning, all!! We have a three day weekend here in the USA and I am going to enjoy every second...

Maybe I'll even go see Acid House, which is getting some pretty hilarious reviews.
India Today got in a good zing by saying, "it has lots of cars being blown up. It also has a plot that is vaguely reminiscent of several Western films and a cast that comprises the leading lights of Bollywood's C team."

NDTV says, "In an interview, director Suparn Verma said that it took him over a year and 55 drafts to come up with the final script for Acid Factory. Which is pretty surprising considering that Acid Factory is a faithful remake of a B-grade 2006 film called Unknown."

You see, unlike me, some reviewers love nothing more than to unleash a string of quips at a movie they deem unworthy.

Here is Rediff: "The secret to this action thriller is a whole lot of gas.

No offence, but gas, and a deadly one at that, does play a significant part in this film. It temporarily wipes out the memories of the people exposed to it. At the end of the agonising experience called Acid Factory, you wish you inhaled some of it too."

Gas jokes?! I'm in. See, these are all the same people who lavished praise on some films I found rather boring so if the snobs think Acid Factory is really dumb, I might find it highly amusing. Also, Dia Mirza plays a "biker chick" of some sort, which I highly approve of. And, honestly, who can resist the "leading lights of Bollywood's C List"?!

I have a feeling it will be like that time I went to see Dus Kahaniyan expecting nothing and getting a fairly entertaining film - I think Acid Factory shares a lot of that cast, too.


Anyways, onto NEWS!

* Salman Khan's favorite heroine? Preity Zinta!


* Asin did not turn down Farah Khan's film - she was never offered it.


* Bebo and Shahid refuse to shoot together to film two new songs from Himesh Reshamiya for Milenge Milenge.


* Adorable Ritesh Deshmukh has special A shirts made for the promotion of Aladin. CUTE!!! I can't wait to see this film!


* Bad weather has caused further delays in Ravana.


* Sudhir Mishra might cast Shiney Ahuja in his film Hitman. Let me tell you right now that I am boycotting any and all upcoming Shiney Ahuja films. I'm still allowed to watch Bhool Bhuliya but that idea that anyone would hire him now... The linked post mentions Fardeen Khan and Salman Khan as fellow "bad boys" but the difference is that Fardeen was just accused of doing drugs (yes?) which is "bad" but not a deal-breaker. And Salman is a special case - he, like Sanjay Dutt, is a captial H HERO and those guys have different rules, like it or not. But even then, he was never accused of RAPING anyone - just of drinking too much and acting irresponsibly.


* And I'll leave you with some really classy news - Neil Nitin Mukesh has a masturbation scene in Jail. First of all, DO NOT WANT and second of all, the censors will probably agree with me and chop it out. Why don't we just hint at the masturbation so we understand it to have taken place without me needing to gouge my eyes out...? Hmmm?


11 comments:

rhilex said...

It says in that article that the director cut the scene out, but seriously. Who would even THINK of putting that in a film? I was reading that, thinking, "You have got to be effing kidding me".

And on a positive note, Riteish is so sweet. =)

On the Shahid-Kareena stuff, I don't blame them for not wanting to shoot a song together. Uhm, peoples-- they've broken up! Even if they are on good terms, it's still just wrong.

Filmi Girl said...

@rhilex I know, right?! Who wants to see that?! EW!!!!

And I agree on the other points, too. XD

Anonymous said...

WTH kind of statement is this:

"And Salman is a special case - he, like Sanjay Dutt, is a captial H HERO and those guys have different rules, like it or not. But even then, he was never accused of RAPING anyone - just of drinking too much and acting irresponsibly."

Is this a Roman Polanski moment where 'star actors' are allowed to get away with crimes but 'non-star actors' should pay the price?

Salman killed someone and injured others with his drunk drinking. He also shot endangered animals on a whim. And let's not forgot being abusive to women. Sanjay was cohorting with terrorists but hey he did not rape or kill anyone. If they are considered a 'HERO', then we are in big trouble.

Arrgghh! It is attitudes like these why the rich usually get away with crimes.

Sorry for venting on your site.

ajnabi said...

Hasn't Milenge Milenge been in the works for something like six years now? I don't blame them for wanting to put it behind them--Now Shahid vs. Then Shahid would be hysterically funny but not good film.

I dunno, I thought Salman was accused of vehicular manslaughter, which is probably worse than rape on the Scale of Bad, or at least equal to it.

Filmi Girl said...

@anonymous The venting is okay! Now, the special treatment that Salman got was totally because he was rich, well-connected, and a capital H Hero. I'm not condoning his behavior at all but explaining why he got away with it in the public's mind.

I'm not so sure that the public is willing to forgive Shiney for his crimes. He certainly hasn't had anybody stepping up to defend him.

Maybe I'll do a post on that in the future...

Salman did some terrible things but it was all done under this aura of drunken irresponsibility and despite the rumors about him being violent with Aishwarya, there was no definite violence against women involved.

I put Shiney in a category with Roman Polanski - raping a young girl. Salman is more like a Kiefer Sutherland or Collin Ferrel - drunk and out of control.

Again, I'm not condoning Salman's behavior but shooting an endangered deer and drunk driving - even if he did commit manslaughter - are not as the premeditated and violent crimes that rape is.

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi I just saw your comment - I think rape is a far worse crime than drunk driving, even if he did commit manslaughter. While Salman's case is sad, it was an accident but Shiney deliberately raped a young woman.

Anonymous said...

So if Shiney claims he was 'drunk and out of control' then I guess you would be more forgiving.

I'm sorry but I see all those crimes as being on the same level. I hate excuses for criminal behavior.

Filmi Girl said...

@anonymous Even if Shiney apologized I wouldn't be forgiving.

I'm sorry but I do see a difference between a man acting under the influence of drugs/alcohol who does an irresponsible thing like driving which leads to a sad outcome - versus a man who would rape a young woman in his employ.

They're both bad but I can forgive somebody who was literally out of his mind versus a guy who would just cruelly rape a young woman because he could.

Both have a tinge of power abuse but one is directed AT somebody at the other wasn't.

Like I said, I don't think Salman is at all a good person but I don't get that same creeper vibe from him.

martoufmarty said...

Masturbation scene? Just... NO. I don't care if instead of Niel Nitin Mukesh it was the hottest actor in the world, I still would not want to see it. Just no. Period.

Doesn't matter who it is - DO NOT WANT.

Anonymous said...

It's not fair to boycott films with Shiney Ahuja in it just because of ACCUSATIONS.

Filmi Girl said...

I hate to tell you this, anonymous, but I can do whatever I want - and what I want to do is boycott disgusting Shiney Ahuja. And at this point, it's not just accusations - there is evidence.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl