Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Goss!!

Good morning, all! Another Friday is upon us - and how it came this quickly is something I do not know. (Or is that do knot know?)

Let's hit the gossip!

The Kurbaan trailer has hit!



Two things: 1) I love Evil Saifu and 2) Evil Saifu's goatee reminds me of Evil Spock's in the Mirror Universe in Star Trek.

* Maharashtra Navnirman Sena party activists are disrupting screenings of Wake Up Sid because the film uses "Bombay" rather than "Mumbai." Don't these guys have anything better to do?

Anyways, K.Jo. has been forced to apologize to MNS leader Raj Thackeray and has said he'll put a slide apologizing for using "Bombay" in front of all the prints.

* Sharmila is on the warpath because she says that she and her family DID NOT meet Julia Roberts. See!!! I knew that Sharmila didn't know or care who Julia Roberts is!

* Bollywood baddie Tom Alter gives a peak into his own psyche while explaining his thoughts on Gandhi:

"He (Gandhi) believed in non-violence because he himself was a very violent person. If he had not been violent, then he would not have believed in non-violence so much. Had he been non-violent by birth, then there would have been no need for him to convince (himself) again and again. He was violent by thoughts.

Then, he said our thoughts should be non-violent, and if our thoughts are non-violent then only our actions would be non-violent too."

Um.... okay? (And happy 140th birthday, Gandhi!)

* In my favorite news story of the day, Rahul Dev (who you might remember from such films as Aa Dekhen Zara and Pournami) got into a fight at an upscale gym. With who?! An English professor!!! Why?! Because Rahul was working out in jeans and the prof wanted to work out in jeans, too. The employees wouldn't allow him - due to his not being a hunky Bollywood actor - and the prof got a bit riled. Rahul, overhearing this, became so enraged at the prof for daring to question his choice of workout attire, began to beat him up!!!

* Riya Sen has "no time" for a boyfriend right now.

“If someone comes along, it’s great, but right now I’m blissfully single. My work leaves me with little time for anything else!”

She doesn't mention if she has time for a girlfriend - (Call me, Riya, okay!!)

* Golden Star Ganesh is celebrating his fans by featuring all their cards and gifts to him in his next film. HOW SWEET!!!!! (Is there still time for me to send something?!)

6 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I like Kurbaan trailer. Now I'm looking forward to the film

Saif is best when he is evil and I think the intimate scenes were more explicit than I thought. Maybe there is a point to the poster.

Filmi Girl said...

@eliza The Kurbaan trailer looks a lot better than I thought it would! Evil Saifu is a lot of fun, too!

Anonymous said...

I adore Sharmila even more now.
Lol at Rahul dev. So he has a short fuse in real life too.
Kiran.

Anita said...

As of know I feel that Kurbaan is trying too hard. We'll see how I feel in the future, but hopefully it's not as over-the-top and cheesy while trying to deal with sensitive issues as I think it will be.

rhilex said...

LMFAO. I think all of us were "
Um.... okay?"
at that Gandhi statement. XD That is clearly an example of someone trying to sound intelligent and profound, but not having a clue what the hell he's actually saying. :p

simran said...

I am so excited for Kurbaan now! Kareena looks gorgeous :D Not really digging the goatee but that's alright :P VIVEK BETTER HAVE A BIGGER PART IN THE MOVIE than he did in the trailer!!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl