Friday, October 23, 2009

Bollywood BFF List!

So... everyone liked my "Animal Attraction" list! Yay! Today is my "BFF" list - Bolly stars that I'd love to be on a daily phone call basis with, would be willing to babysit for, help move house, would want to cry on their shoulders during a break-up... BFFs!

(In no particular order.)

The stars I'd want to have a good gossip with...


1. Kajol - Have you read interviews with Kajol?! She is so hilariously giggly and fun! Kajol is totally the friend you ask over for tea and then spend the next three hours talking non-stop about every person among your large and varied aquaintence. Plus, I bet she has amazing stories from on-set.


2. Karan Johar - If there is dirt to be found, I have a strong suspicion that K.Jo. knows everything that is going on at any time amongst the filmi elite in Mumbai. I imagine him as Gretchen in Mean Girls - if you get him pissed off, then it's all "Don't tell her I told you this but..." The guy hosted a chat show, for goodness sakes! I just know he has dish to dish!


3. Neha Dhupia - She's kind of a wild card, I admit, but I love that bitter streak she has. Neha has always struck me as an intelligent woman kind of hovering about the periphary of Bollywood society. She may not be telling the general public but I know she sees more than she lets on. Wouldn't you just like to pick her brain?!

The stars I would call to pick me up when I'm too drunk to drive...


4. Ritesh Deshmukh - Do you follow Ritesh on Twitter? What an adorable cutie-pie!! He is always posting pictures of himself riding on the train or whatever. I just get that sensative vibe from him, like he would drop what he was doing to come and get me at a club - or at least send his driver. He seems like the kind of earnest friend that would take you for drinks when your boyfriend dumps you or drop by with a fruit basket when your rival gets the part opposite Salman that you wanted.


5. Katrina Kaif - This may be an unpopular choice but... dang it... I just love Kat! She seems quiet and introverted and maybe wouldn't be much fun at a party but if you get her in a corner for a nice one-on-one she'd listen to all your problems. Of course she could come pick me up drunk at the bar on a Friday night because she would be home reading a good book! I can just picture her, "Filmi Girl, what have you done? Drop that toy boy and you'll stay the night with me and I'll make you a nice hangover breakfast in the morning."


6. Konkona Sen - I know Koko is a sympathetic friend because I remember a couple of years ago there was a small gossip item about how one night when she was out a restaurant, she sorted out two girls who were falling down drunk. She got them into a cab and sent home. Now, Koko didn't have to worry about those girls but she did anyways and that made a big impression on me.

The stars I just want to get to know better because they seem cool...


7. Tabu - Ah.... Tabu the enigma. To have her as a dinner party guest... I don't even know where I would start. I just imagine that she has all these fascinating things to say. And I'm dying to hear a candid take on her years in the industry.


8. Kalki Koechlin - Kalki is one sharp cookie! Have you heard about her play, "The Skeleton Woman"? SMART! She is totally the kind of girl I could walk around a museum with or spend the day at the book store just reading and looking stuff up.


9. Aamir Khan - Intellectual, a-hoy! I would kill to sit down for a nice evening of boardgames and desserts with Aamir. He could kick my butt all over Trivial Pursuit and I'd love it!


10. Bebo - Yeah... This would totally be a one-way friendship but I am a devotee of Bebo. She could order me around and I'd come back for more, as long as she didn't mind me gawking at her all day while she went about the business of being fabulous. Oh to be Bebo's water-fetcher/umbrella-holder...

11 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Great post!!

My choices for BFF is topped by

SRK - He is wonderful. In every sense of the word.

Aamir - His entertainment persona is not very "entertaining" but there is something about him that makes me feel that I can trust this person.

Konkona - not my favorite Bollywood actress (she is a fantastic actress, she is not very filmi and not very glam) but she looks like someone I can hang out with in real life.

Karan - He is one of my favorite directors and I think he is a master of melodrama in film (which I love love love) so this is purely for his talent. I'd love to listen to him but I don't think I'll tell him anything.

Jaya Bachchan - she is a strong woman and a fantastic actress. I'd like to spend time with her.


Based on their interviews I don't think I'll be happy to hang out with three of my absolute favorite Bolly actresses - Kajol (she is noisy), Rani (she is calculating) and Preity (she is annoying)

rhilex said...

Now, we all know I'm not a fan of Kareena, but she's looking awesome in that pic! I rest my case: She looks best when she's really smiling.

...And I know that has nothing to do with your post. I just had to comment. xD *runs away*

Filmi Girl said...

@Eliza - our lists look very much alike! We have good taste in Bolly BFFs, I think. :D

@rhilex Bebo doesn't look emaciated in that picture, either, which is why I picked it. XD

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO - "Of course she could come pick me up drunk at the bar on a Friday night because she would be home reading a good book!"

That is hilarious. Right, Katrina reading a good book. She is not known for being intelligent or being a reader. In fact some in the media have said she is smart career wise but otherwise dumb as a rock.

Thanks for a good laugh.

myrna_nora said...

Awww, this list made me happy. I am smiling at all the wonderful potential friendships. I agree with almost all of them on the list.

One more I would like to add: Shreyas Talpade. I think he seems like a really warm friendly fun personality. I would love for him to be my bff (that I have a slight crush on). *hee hee hee*

Filmi Girl said...

@Anon We all have our own fantasies - I will keep mine just the way they are, thank you very much.

I have no patience for haters today.

Filmi Girl said...

@myrna_nora I like Shreyas! Good addition!

Filmi Girl said...

And once more @Anonymous I am disabling anonymous commenting because I am tired of the drive-by hating.

Anyone wishing to leave negative comments will now have to leave his or her name.

Anonlee said...

What hate? It was an honest comment although maybe snarky.

I'm sorry if you are sensitive about Katrina. I have seen worse comments on here about other stars.

Nicki said...

I did a similar post but only on why Bips should be my BFF

Thanks for the post!

E said...

Oh, yes, Karan Johar, most definitely!!!

You just KNOW by that glint in his eye and the angle of that raised eyebrow that he knows all.. And not afraid to share it!! I caught one of the "Koffee with Karan" shows where he said something to Hrithik that made me blush like a schoolgirl... Where does he hear this stuff??

Another new BFF would also be Farhan Akhtar. He just seems effortlessly cool and fun to hang with. He would probably be the guy who would always get drinks on-the-house for everyone.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl