Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Animal Attraction List...

If there is one thing that I have learned in my many years in many different fandoms, it's that different people find different things attractive. Some are drawn to types large and broody or whip-thin and sarcastic or buxom or waifish, brainy or thick... there really is somebody for everyone.

Since we have a couple of weeks before the next two BIG RELEASES, I thought I'd take a look at some of my favorite types. The next two big releases each star an actor that represents two of my favorite and different types of actor - Ritesh Deshmukh and Ajay Devgan.

Today, I'll run down the Ajay Devgan list - to be subtitled Actors I Would Like A One Night Stand With. Bear in mind that I'm 5'9" which leaves off a large swathe of tiny actors that I would totally overwhelm - unless they are into that kind of thing (*cough* Kunal Khemu)... and also excludes actors who could make good boy/girl friends or those who are perfect
best friends. So, if you don't see your favorite it doesn't mean I don't like him/her.

We all knew I was classy, right?

(in no particular order)

The guys that strike me as too intense to deal with on a day-to-day basis.


1. Ajay Degan - I have a feeling that dealing with Ajay on a day to day level would be pretty draining. He just seems so intense and serious! I mean -
Halla Bol, anyone? But in the short term, I have a strong feeling that the passion he radiates onscreen doesn't just end in celluoid. The guy radiates masculine charisma and have you seen those abs?! Oh, to have those brooding good looks focused my way for 24 hours...




2. John Abraham - Have you
seen Dostana?! Enough said. This guy is pretty - very pretty - but beneath that hunky exterior lies a poetic soul. That was the secret to Jism and No Smoking - angelic good looks + tortured insides - it's nice in fiction but 24 hours would be just enough time to enjoy without getting stuck picking up emotional pieces.


3. Vivek Oberoi - I think we all know that Vivek is one intense and highly emotional guy. Remember the epic press conference? The blacklisting? Yeah... way too much drama for my blood on a regular basis but all that passion channeled into other pursuits could be...
interesting.

The guys who just want to have a good time, baby, and won't be around the next day anyway - No drama and no hard feelings.


4. Akshay Kumar - Akshay is the kind of guy that you have fun with and certainly not the kind of guy you attempt to tame, as Twinkle Khanna has certainly discovered. The numerous blind items flowing around Bollywood indicate that Akshay Kumar does, indeed, love the ladies. In the immortal words of Britney Spears, "womanizer, oh, you're a womanizer, baby." Having watched Akki manhandle his heroines for years onscreen, I just know that he would know exactly what to do with them
offscreen...


5. Ranbir Kapoor - I have no idea if he is as much of a cad as his
Bachna Ae Haseeno avatar but I get that playa vibe from him. He can drop his towel for me anytime - no strings attached.



6. Hrithik Roshan - If the stories off the sets of
Dhoom 2 are to be believed, Hrithik doesn't put a lot of effort into wooing his lady partners, but face it - he's Hrithik Roshan! If one lady turns him down, I'm sure there are twenty ready to take her place. Yeah - not the charming type but I bet his technique is amazing... and I wonder if that extra thumb has granted him any extra-special powers...

Party girls who are up for a good time.


7. Riya Sen - Sure, she's been known to collapse from "exhaustion" and is more likely to been found hitting the clubs in Bangkok than the film studios in Mumbai but there is something just so delicious about Riya Sen. I love those curves that set her apart from the size zero squad. I can't imagine trying to keep up with her lifestyle on a longterm basis but just one night... could be fun!


8. Sophie Chaudhary - Another curvy cutie is Sophie Chaudhary - she has got those high cheekbones to die for and a total vamp vibe. Did you see Aa Dekhen Zara? If there is vamp work to be had, please to be sending it Sophie's way. Since Sophie will show up to the opening of a letter, her social calendar is probably a lot more complicated than I would like to deal with but if she finds time to pencil me in once and a while...


9. Hard Kaur - Me has met Hard Kaur and let me tell you that she is not only quite the hottie in person but Hard Kaur knows how to have a good time. All that jet setting and clubbing and doing songs for the Pussycat Dolls could be so tiring for a homebody like me but when she came through on tour...

Wild card Time Travel pick...!


10. Shotgun Sinha - Back in the day... this guy was just... I don't know. He's big and muscular and has these eyes. You just know he can really manhandle a lady real nice.

15 comments:

layla-aaron said...

I have to totally agree with you on Ajay, Hrithik, Akshay, and a wee bit on Vivek.

Ajay was one of first lusts of Bollywood. I love how he can go from brooding to lovesick in his roles, and I'm betting he is as intense in real life as he is onscreen.

eliza bennet said...

The Indian male actors I wouldn't say no to (in the dream world where they are all single and available)


Abhishek Bachchan
Akshay Kumar
Paresh Rawal
Kay Kay Menon
Siddarth

Time travel? Amitabh Bachchan

The actor and the man I love watching on screen but not sexually attracted to: SRK

This made me realise that I don't usually fall for the actor but more for the character in a film (such as I love Ajay in HDDCS, Aamir in Rangeela). It is a side effect of forever falling for literary characters I guess.


If I was a man:

Rani Mukherjee - she is beautiful and talented

Katrina Kaif - loveliness and warmth

Time Travel:

Hema Malini
Sharmilla Tagore

ajnabi said...

LOL You're cracking me up with this list! Not that I disagree with your choices, it's just that commentary like I wonder if that extra thumb has granted him any extra-special powers... is awesome! :-D

I'm 5'8" and a half inch myself so that rules out most of Bollywood as a potential partner even if I were on the hunt. ;-)

shell said...

OMG, I totally agree about the Hrithik quote! LMAO!!! (Plus I have recently wondered that myself!)

Anyway, great list! There are so many great men in Bollywood, I think you've chosen the best to have your one night stands with. Now we need to do a post on Bollywood hunks you'd have a relationship with! My husband is a good 3" shorter than me so apparently I don't have a problem with restrictions so I'd probably need to include Shahid in that list.
Also, I'm surprised Kangana didn't make your list?

Filmi Girl said...

Hee! Thanks, ladies!

And @shell Kangana will be on a different list - she's more girlfriend material. I don't think she's a one night stand kind of girl, if you know what I mean. :)

Boyfriends up next, yes? or should I do BFFs feat. K.Jo.?!

E said...

Too funny!

That beefcake photo of John Abraham was too much before lunch.. However I'm more interested in hearing about these backstage stories at "Dhoom2". What stories? Please share!!
Ooh, my boy Hrithik, yes... Have you ever noticed his walk? He walks like a secure man. VERY secure - and I hope you're catching my drift here ladies..
So despite the thumbs, the ears, the stutter - he moves like he knows he gots it - and I'll be there for the taking if needed..
(in a sudden sweat, crimson cheeked, slides off chair into a puddle, to call dear husband)

simran said...

Wow , nice list! But Riya Sen and Sophie would not be caught dead on my list :P I can't stand those types of girls lol

My list would look something like this :D

John Abraham
KUNAL KHEMU!!!
Shahid Kapoor
Vivek Oberoi
Zayed Khan

Flashback: Jeetendra! :)

And in this dream world of mine, Shahrukh Khan would be my father .. :)

Filmi Girl said...

@E I love that beefcake photo of John! It's from a Filmfare spread from last year. Oh - the Dhoom 2 stories are hilarious - something about him propositioning Bips in a very matter of fact way and her being insulted that he didn't at least try to flirt with her. I have no doubts that he's a total playa... ;P

@Simran LOL! Those types of girls have their charms... ;P Sadly, at least two of the names on your list are far too short for me... *sniff* The perils of being a tall woman...

veracious said...

This post just makes me blush!! I know, prudish old me. :P

I'll make a list of my own .. under the blanket. In the dark, with a flashlight. In invisible ink. Nobody look!

Except this one's kind of a given..

Time travel:

Vinod Khanna

Yupyup.

E said...

Filmigirl - I love that bit of gossip about Bips and Hrithik... Now I gotta hear more about this! Now what does she need the flirting for? If he's willing, then I say pin him to the wall and do it..!

I've worked in show business for many years and I've seen what goes on with the pretty boys,(most of them married, too) it's quite naughty.. but when they are thrown together for long days, sequestered from the outside world, everyone's just dripping with animal sexiness, it's very easy to fall into that trap. It takes a particularly strong person to say no to that temptation.

myrna_nora said...

Love this list.

My choices would be Ajay Devgan (especially for HDDCS)
& time travel: Amitabh Bachchan

Ness said...

This list MADE MY DAY - the pics alone of Hrithik and John did it. And the juicy Dhoom 2 gossip...AWESOME!

Filmi Girl said...

@Veracious As long as you make the list - you don't have to share it!! XD But Vinod Khanna is definitely a good choice!

@E I totally believe it about all the pretty boys - sometimes the chemistry looks a little too real on screen - Akshay, in particular, gets handsy with his heroines... and I love watching it!

@Myrna_nora Glad you like!

@Ness Heee!!! I'm happy you enjoyed it!!

bollywooddeewana said...

Filmigirl you're too much, a big LOL at this post you had me on the floor at Hrithik's extra thumbs. Here's one you might want to add to your list, do let me know what you think of him

http://bollywooddeewana.blogspot.com/2009/10/aadmi-hoon-aadmi-pyar-karta-hoon.html

Beth said...

This is one hilarious post! I think at least half the items on my list would involve time travel - that just adds to the fake-pretend-iness of fake-pretend movie boyfriends, I figure.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl