Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday Newssssday!

Yes, yes... today is my last day of vacation. It's back to work I go, tomorrow.

So.

I hope everyone caught my stories on BollySpice.com! One is about Salman Khan walking the ramp at Kolkata Fashion Week and the other is on Ekta Kapoor's fictionalized account of rapist Shiney Ahuja's crime. (Juicy!)

* Nikhil Advani is ready to start his next project in December!! It's going to star Akki and Anuska Sharma and is set in Southall. Akki really can't get enough of London these days. (Am I going to have to move over there?!)

* Shahid Kapoor will be filming in the US! Somewhere! I will try to find out!

* Happy Birthday to Asha Bhosle who turns 76! She says, "My music is god's gift to me and I believe that I still have not used even one per cent of it."

* Poor Riya Sen got violently ill on an airplane. She's got a bad case of starlet "dehydration" - which is usually code for massive hangover.


The only spotting of director Anurag Kashyap (far right) at the Venice Film Festival so far...


Aw!! Rani and Shahid are looking less like they hate each other's guts! Good work, guys!


Looking good, Rani!


Ajay isn't looking too happy about the music launch of All The Best...


He got Sanju-baba to show up, which more than most people can usually do for events like these...


Keep it fierce, Bips! *air kisses*

And I hope everyone has seen the promotional video for "Happening" from Main aur Mrs. Khanna! Preity is looking fantastic!

11 comments:

rhilex said...

I swear, I live for your gossip.

Woah... what's up with Ajay? How can anyone seem to be that upset when they have KAJOL to cuddle with at home? ;)

And Shahiiiiid! *cries* Film near meeeeee!

Filmi Girl said...

Ajay always seems like he's in a bad mood - LOL!

If Shahid is filming in Philly, where everyone else has been recently, I'm going to go track him down. Hee!

memsaab said...

Ooh that video makes me look forward to Main Aur Mrs. Khanna! Preity looks great :)

And I love Ajay. Lucky lucky Kajol!

eliza bennet said...

Preity looks wonderful!



"code for hangover" :)

ajnabi said...

Shahiiid! Come to upper East Tennessee--I'll even go veg! ;-) And good job on looking like you can stand Rani! (What is UP with those two?)

Why do I have a feeling that "Happening" is the only part of Main Aurr Mrs. Khanna I'll enjoy? I'm still going to see it, regardless, but. Haaaaate adultery movies. This one better redeem the genre or I'm never going to try another.

ajnabi said...

Oo oo! **bounces up and down in seat** UNLESS the reason Shahid and Rani are so cold in public is because they are hiding a mad, torrid, passionate affair and the only way to subdue their emotions in public is to go overboard in the other direction. I am LOVING this theory! Even though I know it's utterly insane. LOL

Filmi Girl said...

@memsaab The whole soundtrack is good! It's Sajid-Wajid!!

@Eliza Preity is looking very nice! I'm so excited to see her on the big screen again!

@ajnabi I like the way you think! Adultery movies usually leave me cold but... I'm still going to watch. And they had BETTER be hiding a torrid love affair! (Anything to get my Rani away from Aditya Chopra... *yuck*)

daydreaminglotus said...

Yay! Shahid is filming in the US! Probably only in somewhere far away from me though. :( Rani and Shahid are looking less like they hate each other in the first picture, not so much in the second one. It would be nice if Ajnabi was right and they are in a secret relationship. Thanks for the fun gossip!

bollyviewer said...

I am obviously very behind in my gossip - someone please tell me whats up with Shahid-Rani. I had no idea they were sworn enemies! :-(

Preity is certainly looking FAB (and so is Kareena), but if it means enduring Salmon Khan, I dont think I'll watch Main Aur Mrs Khanna.

eliza bennet said...

I don't really like Salmon (:) ) Khan but he looks good in the promo and I don't hate him as an actor.

Having said that I wouldn't purchase a film just because he is in it.

KANK is one of my favorite Indian films so don't have anything against this type of plot but if Kareena cheats Salman to be with the most unfortunate looking Khan, then I would have to have a whole new level of suspension of disbelief.

Filmi Girl said...

@bollyviewer There were rumors of them not getting along on the DBH sets... :)

@eliza LOL! Sohail is unfortunate looking! I did like him in Heroes, though, so we'll see how he is here... :)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl