Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday Gossip!!!

Good Morning, all!!! I had a late night last night and went to see Jennifer's Body, which is not as bad as everyone seems to think. Shall I do a write-up?

Anyways, let's see what is happening today!

* Katrina Kaif is
promoting skin whitening cream.

* Shahrukh Khan is all psyched to do Ra.1.

"I’ve always wanted to make a superhero film, but I never had six-pack abs. Now that I have them, I want to do this. It’s not an animation film, as many people believe - I would like to clarify that. It’s a live-action film."

* Trisha is playing a double role that's not a double role in her Bollywood debut!!

* Salman Khan has done great things for single screen cinemas with the release of Wanted.

* Read a recap of Abhishek and Aishwarya on Oprah!

5 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I would love to read a write up of Jennifer's Body.

I like Megan Fox (not really a good actress - yet?- but there is something about her that makes one look at her when she is on screen.

Abhi and Aish looked very good on Oprah (based on the promos and pictures) I love Abhi - insert deep sigh.

bollywooddeewana said...

Yet another skin whitening cream i need to get my resources together and do a post on Bollywood and fairness sometime

Filmi Girl said...

@eliza Cool! I'll get working on it. I just have so many thoughts on it but I suppose if people are uninterested they can just skip past the post. :)

@bollywooddeewana I know, right? As a white person, I feel it's not really my place to comment on skin whitening creams but I will say that it's unfortunate that fair skin is considered a marker of beauty to the exclusion of darker skin.

eliza bennet said...

It is the same in East Asia, everywhere in Japan, South Korea people are trying to get whiter skin. This idea of white being more beautiful has socio economic roots though (at least in East Asia)

bollyviewer said...

Oh! I NEED to see this Aish-Abhi interview. It sounds like Aish wasnt as nervous as she was in her previous American TV appearances - makes for better viewing all round.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl