Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thurrrrrrrsday Update!

Thurrrrrrrsday! (I’m pretending I’m rolling my rrrrrrrr’s like a yakuza!)

What does today hold in store for us?!

Well, I have three Telugu films coming in the mail for me – hopefully they will get here before the weekend. Do you want to guess or should I just tell you? Hmm?

And who watched Glee last night?! I didn't think it was as good as the pilot but still a very enjoyable show. (Just less of the wifey and more of that hot bitch Kurt, please! Best line of the night - "One day you'll all be working for me" before the football team throws him in the dumpster.)

Moving onward and upward – before we get to the pictures from the HAIR AND MAKE-UP AWARDS (oh, yes!) – let’s hit the gossip!

* Stacey, over at BollySpice.com talks to a band called Ivy York which puts a new spin on classic Bollywood tunes from the 1950s and 1960s - not remixes but reimaginings!

* Farah Khan’s new film will start shooting as soon as her chat show finishes up! Only Shahrukh is confirmed for now, but who are we kidding? That is more than enough to sell a billion tickets opening weekend!

* Hard Kaur has a cute interview over at the Sikh Times!

* Never one to pass up a chance at publicity, RGV says Some people have a fascination for making family dramas and I find making thrillers much exciting. And what's wrong with it?...any day it's better than making NRI stories.”

K.Jo. replied RGV should start making diet biscuits as he's not making cinema anymore.”

Dang, girlfriend! RGV just got zung!

* Is Bollywood wasting water? (spoiler alert – YES!)

* Although Shruti Hasaan’s performance in Luck didn’t win her praise from the mainstream critics, she’s been offered the lead in a Tamil film called Valiban. You know, I quite enjoyed her performance in Luck but I think she is definitely still really raw and could use a few films under her belt before trying for a lead role in a big budget Hindi film again.

* It's always a good day when I get a quote from Bebo and she's got some good ones today! Speaking about Saif: "He is very classy but he has an amazing charm about himself, an inherent charm which can be seen on screen. And I think that is what's there with him personally also."

Oh, to be a fly on the wall for some of their mutual admiration society meetings...

* Weeks after I speculate that Shahrukh was held in the US for underworld ties, the mainstream media seems to think it's a good theory, as well.

* We always need some good unsubstantiated gossip and today I’ve got some shady quotes “from” Katrina Kaif!

”And for people wondering, yes, my passport name is Katrina Turquotte. I changed it because it'll be easier for people to call me. Nothing more.”

Come on, Kat! Where are your claws? You’ve got Jackie Shorff’s wife calling you a farangi ho-bag and that’s all you’ve got?! Go hang with K.Jo. and Manish – they’ll give you some pointers and you can trade them for secrets about Sallu! Win-win-win!

And now for (my) the most highly anticipated night of the year... THE HAIR AND MAKE-UP AWARDS!!!!

Tell me you wouldn't want to be seated directly behind Asha Bhosle, Shabana Azmi, and Bebo...

Aw... SRK came out to support the people who make him look so beautiful on screen! Here he is with make-up artist Ravi.

I'm liking the vest look with the clean cream shirt...

Gorgeous Ayesha Takia who had this to say about the event on twitter, "at this same function i shook shahrukh khans hand to say hi and i dont think i ever wanna wash my hand again!!"

Riya Sen, looking like she's not quite over her "dehydration"...

Juhi, glowing in orange...

A surly Jaya Bachchan stopped by...

The ethereal Asha Bhosle, looking spry at 76...

Shabana Azmi, in beautiful red/blue sari...

And Bebo main Bebo in a jewel-colored cocktail dress!


11 comments:

Anarchivist said...

Shah Rukh in the vest has "Han Solo" written all over it!

Filmi Girl said...

@anarchivist He is totally rocking the Han Solo look!! Hee! I hadn't picked up on that... can you imagine the fangirl squeals if SRK played Han?

Faizan said...

LOL. Gotta love Karan! I hate RGV's gut.

About the mainstream media thinking about the Shahrukh theory... A lot of so-called professional newspapers pick up their stories from blogs around the world so don't be surprised if they visit here. :D Your blog's very fun and quick so I'd be honoured hehe.

Haha you know, we were the ones who leaked Kat's real name to the media.

Love Ayesha. She's so cute with her Twitter update lol

Juhi looks veryyyy pretty!

It's so good to see Asha Bhonsle up and about. She's been out of the picture for a couple of years... I miss her songs.

Kareena looks nice in that cute little dress.

PS: Dude you're up way too early!

eliza bennet said...

I love Karan Johar and RGV films so it is not pleasant to read their insults to each other.

To be fair: RGV has made a mockery out of Karan Johar in his film Company (which is a good film btw) and it was not nice, at least Karan doesn't resort to this sort of crassness.

Bebo looks great and I love her shoes and dress and want to applaud her stylist.

SRK is so charming and it is very nice to show up in this award and show his appreciation to the crew.

ajnabi said...

A day with Bebo pix and quotes at the start can only end well. :-)

I'm so glad Ayesha didn't quit films after she got married. I think she's great.

That quote from Karan re: RGV is deliciously bitchy! I selfishly hope for more sparring via media outlets.

Emily said...

Aw, I love that Ayesha Takia is a fangirl too!

Filmi Girl said...

@faizan If I didn't get up too early, nobody would have any gossip!

@eliza I love that SRK is gracious enough to go out and support the people who work so hard behind-the-scenes to make him look good!

@ajnabi Bebo needs a webcam and a twitter account to feed my addiction! ;D

@emily Ayesha Takia seems like such a normal girl! I love it!

rhilex said...

SRK almost seems to be still in-character, like KJo said. xD But looking very nice!

Awwww, Ayesha seems sweet. Haven't seen any of her films, though.

Very interesting article re: water usage, but I think the comments are even more interesting.

theBollywoodFan said...

This is what I find real confusing with 'gossip'. That SRK story ran on the front page of the Times of India a day and a half after the incident. And another major newspaper said RGV's comment was in response to KJo's...the wheels on the bus go...round and round and round, LOL :D

Always appreciate anything to do with Kats, Juhi, and Shabana. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

LOL - Katrina is now admitting that Ayesha Shroff told the truth about her name. Ayesha also said Katrina was a hooker in London and not Indian at all. So when is Katrina going to admit that her stories about her family (Kashmiri Dad) and background are all lies?

Salman is never going to marry Katrina because he knows the truth. Even the director of Boom has said she was a hooker when he found her.

You cannot keep the truth hidden forever in these times. I'm waiting for the media firestorm. lol

Filmi Girl said...

Oh, anonymous, you made my day!!

When are we going to get a thinly-fictionalized film version of the hooker-with-a-heart-of-gold Katrina Kaif story?!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl