Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday News!!!

So.... guess who went to see Dil Bole Hadippa last night and LOVED it?

Spoiler alert - it was me!

Write up of the film will be coming later today!

Let's get down to the serious business of gossip...

* Okay, we're looking at anothersix months until Endhiran is released. We've got one month of shooting left and four to five of post-production.

* The Times of India has a cute interview with Prabhas's BFF Gopichand, whose latest film is opposite Trisha!

Has his tough image, restrained him from doing lover boy roles? “You’d be surprised to know that girls like macho stars who do action films. Anyway all my films have a romantic angle, so I don’t think I am missing out on anything,” he avers.

* Om Puri will be the villain in Jihaad Kurbaan.

"I'm aware of the repercussions. I'm also aware others actors turn down parts of terrorists. But I've no such reservations. A role is a role. We cannot be moral and judgmental about the characters we play. In Kurbaan I play the terror mastermind, a fully committed jehaadi who is ready to sacrifice everything including his wife (Kirron Kher) for the cause."

Is it wrong that I'm kind of more excited to see Kirron Kher on screen than the rumored Bebo/Saif love scenes?

* Aw!!!! Filmi Girl favorite John Abraham was on Farah's chat show and he revealed he was super-shy in school!

"I used to be very shy...there was a time when my face was full of pimples and I never used to look up when in the company of girls so much so that they used to feel that I was such a shy, sweet, decent boy. Only I couldn't tell them that my face is full of pimples and that is the only reason I'm looking down."

And Farah and John TOTALLY play offthe fact that everybody "knows" certain celebrities are gay...

Farah takes John back to his modelling days when he was the hottest male model. John then reveals that the judges at Gladrags competition were none other than Shah Rukh Khan and Karan Johar. To which, Farah in her characteristic humour says, “Wow...I must say their choice in men is good!”

Yes, indeed Farah. Their choice in men is VERY good... SRK picked Arjun, too, as we all know.

Farah quizzes John on whose poster he had on his wall just like a survey revealed that most girls today have a poster of John in their rooms. John says, “I just have one international star as my hero...Tom Cruise. Farah asks, ”Koi ladki ya heroine ke nahi thi?” John says no and Farah reverts, ”That’s why you did Dostana!”

Ha ha ha!! Could anyone other than Farah Khan get away with this?

John smiles, “Tabhi Dostana ki...pehle Tom Cruise, then Abhishek Bachchan, then Shah Rukh Khan.” Farah sums it up saying, “so you were into guys as a kid!” John laughs, “Farah, I was never into guys.”

Oh, Farah Khan!! The things you must know... I love that John Abraham and Akshay Kumar can play with the fact that they have gay followings without being all weird and homophobic about it.

* Apparently, Ramya is kind of a b and harassed her backup dancers. Said the choreographer:

"When my assistant Mohana showed her a move she rudely asked him to learn dancing first and then teach her. I asked the assistant and other dancers to show her the moves only once. They danced very beautifully and she became angry and went away saying f**k the song, f**k the movie f**k the dancers."

Oh, Ramya... that doesn't make me like you any less!


Cutie-pie jodi Rani and Shahid promoting Dil Bole Hadippa!


Ritesh Deshmukh and Jackie promoting Aladin!


Sushmita Sen looking spunky on the sets of Do Knot Disturb! I saw the preview for this last night and I think it will be pretty funny.... Govinda + Ritesh = comedy gold!


A subdued Priyanka Chopra at the TIFF...


...and with her Android Lover: Sec. C!

5 comments:

Michael Barnum said...

Filmi Girl, I think I must check out some Gopichand movies...any recommendations?

OH, and if only Farah Khan's show was aired on my cable system! What fun that would be!

bollywooddeewana said...

Priyanka looks Gorgeous sans the hair extensions she should keep her hair this way

Hmm gay male celebs in Bollywood who could they be?????

simran said...

I'm so excited to watch John on Tere Mere Beach Mein! The episode is going to air tomorrow in my area!!! Isn't he the most ADORABLE guy ever? :D

Filmi Girl said...

@Michael I've never seen any! I was more interested in the fact that he's Prabhas's BFF... LOL!

Have you seen Billa yet?!

@bollywooddeewana LOL!! I love that Farah is basically acknowledging that the entire world knows that SRK and K.Jo. have "good taste in men." *wink wink* XD

@simran John is the dreamiest!! If I had a giant poster of him, I know it would be up on my wall... :D

martoufmarty said...

I wanna know - did they start the party without Harman??

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl