Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday gossip!!

Good morning, all!!! I did things a little backwards today, so don't forget to go back and read my review of Prabhas's Chatrapathi and watch the trailer for Ek Niranjan, which looks awesome, BTW.

Also of interest is my music review for Ek Niranjan - I think we have a winner!

Moving on...

... to more about Ek Niranjan.

* Kangana talks about her career.

"Given an option, I would choose a blockbuster over critical acclaim. Critics are just a handful of people who look too deep into the nitty-gritties of cinema. They forget to enjoy the fun aspect of the film. The audience watches films to be entertained. They don’t sit in theatres to scrutinise the technical aspects that go into filmmaking. So, I would rather make films to please those million instead of making movies for a bunch of people."

A girl after my own heart - although we already knew that! I hope Ek Niranjan releases here but I'm doubtful...

* The lost Shahid-Kareena film Milenge Milenge will finally be released in December. I'm psyched!

* Okay, the Hindi remake of Magadheera is getting ridiculous. They want to split the lead role in half so they cast as many big names as possible. That would be fine except who wants to play Raj Kiran to Rishi Kapoor?

* Ramya's temper tantrum cost the producer Rs. 10 lakhs. The trials of a diva... Honestly, though, I still like Ramya! She's just so... cute on screen!

* Poor BIPS!!!! Some jerk groped her breasts while she was at a Durga Pooja in Mumbai. The pervert escaped in the ensuing commotion.

* Akshay Kumar is not doing the lead in Kunal Kholi's film after all. (Hire Kunal Khemu!!! PLEASE!)


Skinny Minny Sonam Kapoor on the cover of People India!

4 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Kangana's way is probably the more profitable way and I do like the commercial films but sometimes an "art" film excites me just as much and I find myself being very very entertained by it just as much as I do while watching a commercial film. And sometimes a wonderful representation of cinematic art can be a box office hit and reach lots of people, and everyone's happy :)



I just don't/can't like Sonam. And there isn't any reason for that. I just don't get a good vibe out of her.

Filmi Girl said...

I actually don't like Sonam all that much, either. I agree about the bad vibe...

Bhargav Saikia said...

Shahid looks way too young in Milenge Milenge. Plus I don't really trust Satish Kaushik films. lol

Anonymous said...

@Bhargav, Milenge Milenge was Shahid's second film after Ishq Vishk. He was just 23 when it was filmed. The movie got held up because Boney Kapoor owed money on it.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl