Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Gossip Post!

Monday, Monday… can’t trust that day.

Monday, Monday… sometimes it just turns out that way.

First of all, let’s start off with reading my review of the music from Pankh!! It really was an unusual soundtrack – and only three songs, so be sure to take a listen.

I also reviewed the soundtrack for Ajay Devgan’s All the Best – Fun Begins and was mildly impressed. I enjoyed it but it wasn’t “good” per se – although “Dil Kare” is a really rocking track!

Here is a Monday morning brainteaser – how do you feel about Bollywood titles that include the unintentionally hilarious tags? I fully approve because of the unintentional hilarity and insist on using them. For example, Golmaal: Fun Unlimited or the upcoming Prince – It’s Showtime. I refuse to call the film Prince - the “it’s showtime” must be appended to all mentions.

Anyways… what do we have going on today?!

* An almost revolt of white background dancers had to be put down on the sets of Do Knot Disturb.

* Bollywood breathes a sigh of relief over the second quarter of the year thanks to Kaminey and Love Aaj Kal!

* Sorry ladies but Neil Nitin Mukesh’s junk is going to be pixilated on the prints of Jail - Madhur wants to avoid another A certificate.

* In unsurprising news, people were told not to work with Vivek Oberoi after he went public with the Salman spat. Money quote – ” What I did was very wrong but I didn’t kill anyone, neither did I harm anyone, I did not hurt anyone’s personal life but I was made to suffer a lot.”

He may as well have said, “Jeez, Salman did way worse stuff than me and I get punished for it?”

Bollywood is tough town, Vivek, sweetie. Filmi Girl still loves you, though. *air kisses*

* And in remakes that have the potential to be much worse than the original and I didn't think it was possible news - Katrina and Priyanka are remaking Bride Wars.

Picture TIME!!

Rani in Toronto!

Salman-uncle walking the ramp at Mens Fashion Week in Delhi.

Baby-faced Neil Nitin Mukesh walking the ramp at Kolkata Fashion Week.

And Amrita Rao at Kolkata Fashion Week, flashing her assets!

My boy Golden Star Ganesh at an event in Mangalore!

6 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I love Rani's look. She also has a great smile!

Now I don't really care for Priyanka but would like to watch Bride Wars remake (I haven't seen the original since I didn't want to pay it) only to find out why I don't like Priyanka at all but love Katrina to bits.

As for Vivek, I don't think he is a good actor. He is too intense on purpose and didn't like him in the two films (Company and Saathiya) I have seen him in.

As for the incident with the press, I don't like what Salman did but Vivek sure didn't help the matters. It was a stupid thing to do, and, if he has given it maybe two minutes of thought, not likely to resolve anything.

His career death afterwards is very strange and unpleasant. 'Film Fraternaty' can be scary. I would love to see someone fight against them with and for a just cause that may actually help to solve the problem by going public with it.

ajnabi said...

Well, Pritish Nandy is on Vivek's side. Wonder why he hasn't cast him in anything in that case? Hmmm.

Anyway, I love that photo of Amrita Rao. She's just all-around awesome; I don't get why she hasn't worked much lately.

rhilex said...

He may as well have said, “Jeez, Salman did way worse stuff than me and I get punished for it?”

LOL. But I agree with the comment above-- don't like what Salman did but Vivek just made things harder for himself! I just find it odd that people are saying "don't work with Vivek because he called a press conference" instead of "don't work with Salman because he abused someone". =/

Also... I had NO idea that there were hundreds of foreign people living in India just for dancing jobs in films. THAT'S where they all come from! XD

simran said...

I feel so horrible for Vivek! Personally I think he's amazing :D He had so much potential to really become something great in Bollywood. I understand what Salman did was wrong and I also think that Vivek should have handled the situation in a better fashion but that doesn't mean that he deserves to be shunned like that! Why wouldn't you want to work with him? It's not like he's contagious! :(

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for Vivek but I think he keeps the past alive by always talking about it. Man it has been 5-7 years since these events took place. He needs to stop talking about Salman and Aishwarya and let people forget and move on so he can revive his career. If asked about the past, he should just say I'm not talking about it anymore.

Rani dress is a lovely color but looks like a fuschia bed sheet with some decorations on the front and her shoes are ugly. Plus I don't like her with so much makeup.

bollyviewer said...

"The revolt of the white dancers" sounds like it should be the title of a futuristic drama! And did you notice the display pictures behind Vashu Bhagnani in that article you linked to? Looks like Salman is being advised not to cheat and stop peeping at Aishwarya!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl