Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday Gossip!!!

Le sigh… today I must go back to work, so please be sure and leave me lots of comments to entertain me throughout the day.

Yesterday afternoon I tried watching another of my unsubtitled Golden Star Ganesh VCDs. I got about 20 minutes into a movie I thought was about Ganesh helping a young girl – possibly his sister – escape from a bad living situation only to find, when I paused it to read a plot synopsis, that she was supposed to be his girlfriend and they were eloping. EW!!!!

Cheluvina Chittara is the name of this awful film and you should avoid, yaar. First of all, I don’t want to see Golden Star Ganesh eloping with anyone!!! The firm moral values Ganesh of Mungaru Male would NEVER allow it! And secondly, don’t cast a 15-year old opposite Golden Star Ganesh. Just – no. I should not be thinking that he is taking his little sister out for a spin when they are, in fact, eloping.

Producers – you CANNOT cast Amoolya in any more romantic roles with grown-ups until she is at least 20. Do you understand me?

Anyways, moving on to Bollywood gossip!

You will probably want to read my article about Kangana Ranaut’s trip to Italy!

And you also want to read my music review of Main aur Mrs. Khanna - spoiler alert: I liked it a lot!

* Happy 42nd Birthday to Akshay Kumar!!! The Akshay No. 1 Ladies Fan Club wishes him all the best for another year!

* Karishma asked Kareena to do Main aur Mrs. Khanna! Says Bebo: “I have been watching Salman since I was nine years old and an earlier movie with him didn't do as expected. But she insisted that I take up Main Aur Mrs Khanna because it had a great script and also because she felt I would look very good with Salman. I trusted her blindly on that."

* Shahrukh Khan remains in character at home for My Name is Khan. K.Jo. insists that SRK's character is not based on Forrest Gump. We'll have to see for ourselves.

* I wish I could have been at the 2009 Hair and Make-up Awards... the best part of this write-up is when the author says: Jaya Bachchan too attended the event to award her make-up artiste, but made an exit minutes before Shah Rukh Khan arrived, not intentionally of course!

Ha ha ha!!! Are you trying to start a feud?!

The classy news is a bit on the boring side today, so enjoy this juicy tidbit!

* Director Rituparno Ghosh, who just directed Bips in that Bengali film, is losing weight so he can play gay in an upcoming film. The best part is this:

A lot of rumors about him having undergone a sex change operation are doing the rounds. Ganguly, however, dismissed the rumors and claimed that Rituparno has always been physically tender.

A lot of rumors that you started? I’ve never heard that Ritu underwent a sex change operation! Jeez, good gossip and I missed it!

* Equally as baseless is this rumor that Bips and Shilpa Shetty are doing an action film. I hope it happens but who knows…

* In sad news for us ladies, Hrithik Roshan is growing a beard and getting fat for Guzarish. *BOO!* Hrithik!! What do you think you're doing?! There will be plenty of time to do fat/beardy roles when you age past being a Hero! You don't need to have everything right now - it's called patience, yaar!

* Lastly, is Imran Khan already married? I don't know and couldn't tell from this bulletin. Probably not? Who knows! It's fun to speculate, though.

And how about more pictures from The 66th Venice Film Festival!!

Here are Kalki Koechlin and Mahi Gill!

And in a more casual look… with Anurag Kashyap, Abhay Deol, Siddharth Roy Kapur, and Vikas Bahl.

Both Dev.D and Gulaal were screened – The Hollywood Reporter reviewed both: Dev.D and Gulaal.

(Just a few more of my favorite actors for good measure – I couldn’t resist!!)

The 5’0” of awesome that is Shirley Henderson – with Todd Solondz, one of America’s finest directors.

Tidla Swinton, looking fierce as usual…

And Jane “Oui, j’taime” Birkin!

6 comments:

ajnabi said...

I'm sorry you have to go back to work! Boooo on not being independently wealthy! And BOO to Ganesh for even agreeing to be cast opposite a teenager. Gross!

Tilda Swinton scares me.

I'm really surprised, while we're talking about baseless rumors that no one's ever heard of like Ritu's sex change, that no one's picked up on the sexual tension buzzing between Rani and Shahid while they pretend to have to pretend not to be able to stand each other. ;-)

SRK's character BETTER not be based on freaking Forrest Gump. There's a great big huge difference between MR and autism. Geez.

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AKKI! You rule! (Now pick some movies I'll like. Please. Money, schmoney.)

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi Even worse is that the Ganesh movie was like a SUPER HIT! I may have to revisit it if I get a copy with subtitles but otherwise... EW!!

And now that we are official gossip bloggers we can totally start some baseless rumors about Rani/Shahid! Off to work!

Darshit said...

What a bunch of gr8 gossips ! Wah!
Never have heard stuff abt Rituparno. Its amusing. What 'exactly' is going on? !

And nothing can get jucier than this. Imran.... Married? ! :O

Filmi Girl said...

@Darshit Rumors keep me entertained!! Hee hee! When things get boring gossip columnists just make things up! That sex change rumor is WILD! ;D

myrna_nora said...

Yeah for Shirley Henderson's 5’0” of awesome!
Let's hope My Name is not based on Forrest Gump -I hated that movie.

c said...

I don't care how many pubescent sort-fat girls you entice me with i refuse to watch unsubtitled kannada movies.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl