Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Newssss Update!

Today's the big day!! Dil Bole Hadippa and Wanted are out today!! And it seems like both are getting pretty positive reviews! I can't wait to go see both!

But let's see what's happening in the rest of the Bollywood news world...

* Star Box Office has some inside information about John Abraham still involved in Bombay Velvet - he's just playing third lead - the "Zayed Khan" role, if you will.

"While John’s friends explained to him that Aamir had replaced [him], John was unfazed with the rumours."

* The oddly grammatically correct India Times spells out "whom to watch out for" at Mumbai Fashion Week!

Actor Salman Khan will strut his stuff at this year’s Couture Week in Mumbai. Salman Khan will be seen walking the ramp with girlfriend Katrina Kaif, as he launches his ‘Being Human’ range of clothing and accessories. Of course the proceeds of this initiative will go towards Salman Khan’s ‘Being Human’ foundation.

* Vidya Balan's sister will be entering Bollywood! Priyamani is already an actress, she just usually does southern films... she'll be in both the Tamil and Hindi version of Ravana!

* Ashok Kavi, a gay activist speaks out about how little gay men at the top of the cultural food chain do to help the marginalized folks at the bottom.

"Four of Bollywood’s leading film directors are gay. But none of them say anything. I have nothing against having a good time, but when you come out of your fancy gay parties, you have to think about the larger world. There’s pressure to get married, there’s pressure to conform. So many gay men are leading double lives.”

* Shutter bug Saif Ali Khan might be writing an autobiography... at some point in the future.

(Sooner rather than later, please!!)

And who has seen the trailer for Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani


It looks SO CUTE!!! (Although Katrina's Hindi is still pretty accented, I think she'll do a fine job!)

And how about my girl HARD KAUR on the soundtrack! It's pretty rocking!


Mlle. Piggy Chopz on the cover of Filmfare - although I'm most concerned with the headline claiming that Kangana is a man hater of some sort.


My boy John Abraham shilling for Yamaha! (He's now brand ambassador!)


And the always entertaining Harman and Priyanka show! I love her top and would like one in my size, please.

That's all she wrote for today's goss!

10 comments:

ajnabi said...

Dear TOI: If you're going to use "whom," it must be as a direct object. In other words, the sentence should read, "for whom to watch out." Or, better yet, cut out the out altogether. ;-)

I love Priyanka's top too! I keep on catching rumors she and Harman are back together but I'm guessing it's for promotional purposes after her fling with Shahid.

What happened to your paragraphs under the trailer???

So, Filmi Girl, where are you headed this weekend: Wanted or DBH? Don't worry, I'll still love you even if you opt for Sallu! ;-)

Filmi Girl said...

Hee! They obviously had an English 101 student writing the headline for that article!

Re: Priyanka - it has to be a publicity stunt. I get the sense that Priyanka likes to be free and easy with her relationships. ;P

Is there a formatting problem with the post? I don't see it in my browser.

And re: my plans - I'm going to try for both but DBH will be my main goal. XD

ajnabi said...

DBH will be awesome! I'm actually saying that as a Rani fan rather than a Shahid fan. I think he's more eye candy than anything else in the film.

Your paragraph under the Filmfare cover reads: "Mlle. Piggy Chopz on the cover of Filmfare - although I'm m" and cuts off. I'm using Firefox though.

Anonymous said...

I thought Priyamani is Vidya's cousin not her sister.

How can you focus on Priyanka's top when that thing on her head is so distracting? It is either a bad wig or really bad hair day.

Sorry but that trailer for Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani looks stale and outdated. I'm tired of everyone doing 'cute' movies that remain me of Disney movies for teenagers.

I hope John is still in Bombay Velvet and I think Aamir and SRK in the same move is highly unlikely.

Filmi Girl said...

@ajnabi Oh!! I'll fix that - I was commenting on the headline that says "Kangana is a man hater!"

@anonymous Is Priyamani her cousin? Most of the articles are saying sister - but I can believe they didn't get their facts straight. ;P

And LOL!!! on Priyanka's hair!! I though it was looking bad, too, but refrained from snarking. It's almost like a bad 1980s mullet...

shell said...

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who noticed Priyanka's hair!

I will look forward to Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani with giddy anticipation. What else do you expect from a rom com junkie?

Have fun at the movies this weekend. I'll look forward to living vicariously through your thoughts on them!

myrna_nora said...

Yeah DBH! I plan to see it this weekend. Wanted didn't appeal to me -unless I hear that it is SO bad it becomes must see, then I will have to find it on DVD later. :P

Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani looks FUN. I think Ranbir has a great career in front of him. I think he might become one of my favorites. He is bringing some of the much needed youth-factor to Bollywood.

bollywooddeewana said...

who could the other four gay directors be I know of karan Johar but can't think of any others perhaps Kunal Kohli or Siddharth Anand

Ajab Prem.....looks like a romance masala movie the Prem, Prem Chopra followed by heavy laughter dialogue Ranbir utters at the beginning is from Bobby

Filmi Girl said...

@bollywooddeewana - I don't know... I was thinking Aditya Chopra maybe and Tarun Mansukhani...

(Bobby is one of my favorite films! XD If this is as cute, I'm going to love it!)

simran said...

"Four of Bollywood’s leading film directors are gay. But none of them say anything. I have nothing against having a good time, but when you come out of your fancy gay parties, you have to think about the larger world. There’s pressure to get married, there’s pressure to conform. So many gay men are leading double lives.”

I know one but who are the other 3? :s

OMG JOHN IS BRAND AMBASSADOR!! Yay! :D

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl