Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Morning Gossip!

Good Morning, Washington DC! It's another beautiful, sunny day here and I am just finishing up my coffee and preparing to make biscuits... yum!

It seems my anonymous troll has struck again last night and I'll just say one thing - if you don't like what I have to say, why are you bothering to seek me out to read my posts? You have way too much free time, dude, and I'm sure there are better things you could be doing.

Anyways, moving on - look who is writing for BollySpice! (Yes, that's my byline!) Thank you to the commenter who left me that tip; it was much appreciated.

So, what's cooking in Bollywood today?

* K.Jo. is filming a flood sequence for My Name is Khan! This movie just keeps getting more and more elaborate and awesome sounding.

* Hema Malini and Shotgun Sinha were featured on Dus Ka Dum! I couldn't find any non-watermarked pictures, so you'll have to click to see them! I'll check back after the show airs for more stills.

* Katrina Kaif is the new brand ambassador for Oil of Olay! And she does have some remarkably creamy skin, so I think this is a good match.

And speaking about Miss Kat, not only did she agree to do Blue because of her friendship with Akki, it's also why she got involved in De Dana Dan.

Let's hear it for friendship!

* Of course Korea likes Yash Chopra! He's been named the filmmaker of the year at the Pusan International Film Festival. You can view my Bollywood and Korea post here on my old blog.

* The title of this article led me to believe it was about something totally different from the actual content. Don't judge me! What is your first thought when you hear Bollywood isn't 'CAMPING' anymore... (Dostana was pretty camp, yaar...)

* I can't wait for this week's Tere Mere Beech Mein with Shahid Kapoor!!! Apparently, he discusses his dream 1970s movie, which would be a two-hero film starring himself and Amitabh - except Shahid would be doing all the romancing! Ranjeet would play the villain; Nasir Hussain would direct; and Madhuri Dixit would play the heroine!

And pictures! Yes, there are pictures today - Aishwarya Rai shooting for a Longines ad. They do good work with her - her Longines ads are always so pretty.

5 comments:

rhilex said...

A flood. Seriously?

That's either going to be awesome or stupid.

I'll wish for awesome, but think stupid as to not get my hopes up. XD

I swear, this is going to be the movie I see in theatres, whether I speak Hindi or not!

shell said...

I'm already excited for MNIK more than I should be!

Good luck with Bollyspice. Let me know how it goes with them. They'd contacted me a while back, but I just didn't think I had the time to do that plus my blog, in additional to my daily life and work load.

Filmi Girl said...

Re: MNIK - I KNOW!!! I love that K.Jo. is clearly just making the most over-the-top film he can get away with. It's going to be FAB - and we may even get it in art house cinemas!

@shell I will let you know! I enjoy writing gossip - as we know - so I don't think it will be too much of a burden. :)

Bhargav Saikia said...

The Ash pictures made my day! Seriously, thank you :-)

dg said...

Love the pictures of Ash... she always seems to be wearing a smile these days....

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl