Before I get started, may I direct everyone to my rebuttal to that ridiculous Wall Street Journal article.
Mr. Bellman never reveals his source for this ridiculous bit of misinformation and passes it off as common knowledge. I'm sure Vishal Bhardwaj, whose film making processes were meticulously detailed in Stephen Alter's fantastic book "Fantasies of a Bollywood Love Thief", and indeed included storyboards, budgets, and schedules, would be shocked to hear that Wall Street Journal thought he made his films by throwing some glitter, dancers, and a big pile of cash in front of a video camera.
* Business of Cinema spoke to a bunch of directors about the spate of piracy that culminated in the stealing of the master print of What's Your Rashee.
* Poor Sanjay Gadhvi can't catch a break! He's going with a daring twist in his new film 7 Days in Paris - no stars. I think because he doesn't have the budget to pay anyone with a real crowd-drawing name...
* Priyanka Chopra has signed on for 7 roles in Ashutosh Gowarikar's next film. Seriously, though, Ashutosh, the 12 roles is a great gimmick but do you really need to have more than a double role in every film? Give the massive multiples a rest.
* Boney Kapoor talks about Wanted:
* Apparently The Bad Boy of Bollywood, Salman Khan doesn't see anything wrong with celebrity designer Anand Jon - despite the fact that Anand Jon has been convicted of raping multiple women AND of something involving "lewd acts" to a child. (You can read more here.)
Salman on Anand Jon: "“I had a word with Anand and never thought he was a bad guy.”
Cool! And then you two cats can go start a boys club with Shiney Ahuja! Good times...
Let's end with something happy!!
Kajol and Shahrukh on the cover of Vogue!