Thursday, December 5, 2002

2011 ADVENT CALENDAR DAY 5

I'll always remember Dev Anand best as the impossibly suave hero of his brother Goldie's ingenious masala films of the 60s. Jewel Thief and Johnny Mera Naam are the pillars of my appreciation for Dev.

With that in mind, one of my favorite Dev Anand picturizations is your present today!

"Dil Pukare Aa Re Aa Re" from Jewel Thief!

The song was shot in gorgeous Nepal, which Dev always had a soft spot for, and picturized on Dev and his equally luscious co-star Vyjayanthimala, who is dressed in a dream of a sari covered in white puffs - like the heads of dandelions ready to blow away. Dev, as always, is looking dashing in a cardigan and scarf.



So, dear readers, how do YOU best remember the Evergreen Hero?

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl