Tuesday, December 3, 2002

2011 ADVENT CALENDAR DAY 3

Your present today is... a pretty doll to play with!

(And if anybody knows any other songs in which the dancer plays a doll, I'd be happy to add them to the list!)

From Dil Hain Tumhara, which is a terrible film, comes the haunting "Dil Laga Liya." Preity Zinta as a marionette with puppet master Jimmy Shergill as backup.





A drunken Rishi Kapoor manhandles mannequin Madhuri in "Jadu"... despite the peppy music, it has some really dark undertones, if you ask me.



And from Purab aur Paschim - the divine Saira Banu plays a ditzy memsaab marionette to Manoj Kumar's hearty desi marionette!

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

The last song in Paheli has SRK and Rani as puppets.

Nerdypanda said...

I really like Dil Laga liya. thanks, filmi girl.

Khoya-Khoya-Chand said...

Chori Chori (the older version) has a song called "Jahan Main Jati" which is picturised on Raj Kapoor and Nargis as Rajasthani puppets. One of my favourite songs <3

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl